FCC Kids classrooms are located on the 3rd floor. All volunteers and paid workers complete a background check and are instructed in safety/security procedures. Volunteers are trained in how to work with children based on their age group and learning styles.
A clean, safe, loving nursery is available for children to enjoy while parents attend a worship service at 9 am or 11 am. If you feel more comfortable keeping your little one with you during a worship service, please feel free to do so. There is a wiggle room available at the entrance to the sanctuary.
The nursery is also available during Discipleship Groups (DGroups) at 10 am. In the nursery, little ones sing songs, learn about how God loves them, and play.
Discipleship Groups (DGroups)
FCC Kids offers DGroups for children (Babies through Fifth grade) during the 9 am and 11 am worship services.
- Preschool: Each Sunday, preschool children (ages three through five) play in learning centers, sing songs, learn Bible stories, enjoy snacks, and make crafts. Bible lessons are age-appropriate, fun, and teach biblical concepts using activities that give preschoolers practical ways to apply what they learn when they return home.
- Elementary: Sunday mornings give Elementary children (first grade through fifth grade) the chance to learn Bible truths in a fun way that helps them understand and apply these truths at home, at school, and during extracurricular activities in their community. During the elementary Discipleship Group (DGroup), children participate in games, create art, enjoy snacks, and learn a Bible lesson.
Childcare is available for children (babies - fifth grade) during the Wednesday night Pastor's Study. Childcare begins at 5:45 pm.
FCC Kids offers fun events for children throughout the year. Below are some of these activities:
- Vacation Bible School: All children (ages 3 through fifth grade) are invited to VBS. VBS is a week of fun games, yummy food, hands-on service projects, and storytelling. We learn biblical truths in fun, age-appropriate ways and even participate in worship services on the Sunday following VBS.
- Kids Camp-In: All elementary children (kindergarten - fifth grade) are invited to "camp-in" in at FCC. We'll have lunch, play games, and do some fun camping activities!
- Pick-a-Flick: All elementary children (kindergarten - fifth grade) are invited to join us for lunch and a movie. The kids get to choose what movie we watch.
- Back to School Splash (August 16, 2 - 4 pm): All elementary children (entering kindergarten through fifth grade) are invited to join us for water fun and games outside! We will celebrate the beginning of a new school year. Be sure to wear a swimsuit and bring a towel!
- Ice Cream Social (September 10, 5:30 -7 pm): FCC Kids & The Giving Tree Preschool will co-host an ice cream social, and all children and families are invited to join in the fun. There will be ice cream, games, a bounce house, and more!
- Trunk or Treat: This is a free event for families which includes "trunk or treating," a bounce house, pumpkin decorating, snacks, and more.
- Advent Activities: Throughout the season of Advent (Sunday after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve), we will celebrate the upcoming birth of Jesus through hands-on activities, crafts, and more.
- Palm Sunday Party: Join us as we celebrate Palm Sunday, when Jesus rode majestically into Jerusalem. We will have yummy snacks, fun crafts, treat bags, and even participate in the Worship Services!
- Flowering the Cross: Join us on Easter Sunday as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus in a tangible way. Bring fresh or artificial flowers to decorate an empty wooden cross. Our flowers will transform a cross (which reminds us of Jesus's death) into symbol of beauty and new life (to remind us of Jesus's resurrection).
Follow Chlidren's Ministry on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCCLawrenceKids
The Giving Tree Preschool
The Giving Tree is a Christian Preschool and an outreach ministry of First Christian Church. Our emphasis is to share our Lord Jesus Christ with the children. We learn the principles of Jesus, what He said, His life, the stories He knew. Bible stories are taught from the Old Testament in the fall semester and from the New Testament in the spring semester. The children participate through dramatic play, learning verses from the Bible and praying for our joys and concerns. Christ's love is shared at The Giving Tree.
For more information or enrollment please visit The Giving Tree website.